13h March 2009
Finalists Announced for the 2009 Vet Awards
Petplan is delighted to announce the 2009 finalists for the prestigious Veterinary Awards.
Petplan have been inundated with more than 2300 nominations this year and, as always, were not disappointed in the quest to discover veterinary staff that go far beyond the call of duty. Each year there is an astonishing public response, with tales ranging from midnight rescues to simple acts of kindness and this year was no exception.
The finalists for each of the categories are as follows:
Vet of the Year
- Jamie Rushton, Village Vet Hampstead, London
- Ben Jones, Ben Jones Veterinary Surgery, Chester, Flintshire
- Matthew Fry, Quarrington Veterinary Surgery, Sleaford, Lincolnshire
Vet Nurse of the Year
- Charlotte Maude, Companion Care Veterinary Surgery Chesterfield, Markham, Chesterfield
- Karen McQuaid, The Old Golfhouse Veterinary Group, Watton, Norfolk
- Rachel Smith, 608 Veterinary Group, Solihull, West Midlands
Vet Receptionist of the Year
- Yasmin Morowa, Melton Veterinary Surgery, Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Jackie Crampton, Companion Care Veterinary Surgery Chesterfield, Markham, Chesterfield
- Sara Abbott, Pet Doctors, East Horsley, Surrey
Vet Practice of the Year
- Ashfield House Veterinary Hospital Limited, Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire
- Carrick Veterinary Group CVS (UK) Ltd, Newbold, Chesterfield
- St Clair Veterinary Group, Kirkcaldy, Fife
Simon Wheeler, Petplan's Head of Marketing is thrilled by the record number of nominations received;
"This year we are celebrating the tenth anniversary of the Veterinary Awards which were launched so pet owners could thank their practice for the tireless and wonderful work they carry out. We are delighted that the awards, which we often hear referred to as the 'Vet Oscars', are still going strong. This year we have received over 2300 nominations and the quality and standard really challenged the skills of our esteemed judging panel. We would like to wish those short listed every success on the night."
All finalists will be invited to a glittering awards ceremony that will take place on 2nd April at the Burlington Hotel in Birmingham where the winners will be announced!
Notes to editors
Petplan is the largest pet insurance provider in the world, offering comprehensive lifetime pet insurance cover for dogs, cats and rabbits.
Established more than 30 years ago, it is part of Allianz Insurance, one of the largest general insurers in the UK.
For more information about Petplan cat insurance, please visit:
For more information about Petplan dog insurance, please visit: