Get 10% off your first year's premium when you take out a Petplan insurance policy for your dog, cat or rabbit on the website todayGet Quote
Contact the Press Office
If you are a journalist and would like to speak to us, please call the Press Office on : 0208 580 8239
Email Press Office
Petplan Stats and Facts
A Day in the Life of a Pet…
- 86% of pet owners celebrate their pet's birthday.
- 86% of pet owners have a picture of their pet on their mobile.
- 69% of pets watch TV.
- 45% of pets have embarked on a fitness regime in 2009.
- 74% of pet owners believe their furry friends have a special talent.
It's a good job cats have nine lives as humans are proving to be hazardous to their pets!
- Nearly six out of ten of these owners admitted to stepping on their pet.
- 21% of owners confessed to dropping their furry friends.
- Dogs are the animal most likely to be stepped on whilst a guinea pig is the pet most likely to be dropped by their overly affectionate owners.
- 37% of Brits would said they would get their broody partner a pet instead of having children.
- One in 20 married couples surveyed admitted to having already purchased a cat or dog instead of starting a family.
- 17 per cent of people adopted a pet because they didn't like coming home to an empty house.
- A dog was the most popular pet to have in place of children followed by a cat.
Petplan has over 800,000 policy holders so can help provide stats and facts for many pet-themed articles.
Contact the PR team on 0208 580 8033. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org