Get 10% off your first year's premium when you take out a Petplan insurance policy for your dog, cat or rabbit on the website todayGet Quote
Contact the Press Office
If you are a journalist and would like to speak to us, please call the Press Office on : 0208 580 8239
Email Press Office
Petplan Stats and Facts
Petplan surveyed a panel of 198 veterinary practices regarding their view on animal obesity. The results demonstrated that obesity is a growing issue in the veterinary world.
- 36% of all dogs vets treat are obese.
- 29% of cats vet treat are obese.
- 71% of vets agree that cases of pet obesity are continuing to rise.
- 53% of vets say that cases of cat and dog diabetes are rising.
- 70% of pet owners say that their animal has never been overweight.
Vets told Petplan that there are five main reasons for the obesity problem, which result from owner behaviour:
- Too much food
- Lack of exercise
- Ignorance of correct weight or shape
- Wrong food