Diva dogs to feature in exclusive Petplan TV ad
Petplan, the UK’s largest pet insurer, has selected 31 fame hungry dogs to star in an exclusive one-off television advert alongside 7 cats and 4 rabbits, to be aired in primetime on Wednesday 17th July.
The winning dogs faced tough competition with over 29,000 photos of similarly starry eyed pets uploaded to the insurer’s Facebook page since the competition began in February. From the 29,000, 100 finalists were handpicked by an independent panel of judges and the lucky 42 chosen following a public vote on Petplan’s Facebook page.
Amongst the canine stars of the advert is Evie, a Whippet from Hereford who tours the country as part of a dog display team and can jump through fire hoops and an extremely energetic Dalmatian, Daisy from Stratford-Upon-Avon. Many of the dogs have wonderful stories and backgrounds, such as Matilda, a Chinese street dog who had a troubled start to life being caught up in the Sichuan earthquake in China back in 2008 and rescued by the charity, Animals Asia.
Isabella von Mesterhazy, Petplan’s Head of Marketing, said "At Petplan we pride ourselves on being ‘pet people’ and as a nation of known animal lovers, what better way to celebrate this than give real pets the chance to star in our TV ad. This competition captured genuine emotion and sentiment amongst pet owners and the final ad will evoke the same feelings when viewed."
The winning images will feature alongside the voice of Ben Miller from comedy double act Armstrong and Miller in a one-off television advert to be aired nationwide on primetime TV on Wednesday 17th July. To see their starring moment, tune into the TV programme the Zoo on ITV between 8pm-9pm. You will also be able to watch the advert on the Petplan website: www.petplan.co.uk and the Petplan UK Facebook page: www.facebook.com/PetplanUK.
The dogs destined for stardom are as follows:
- Clio a French Bulldog from London
- Cobra a Golden Retriever from Martlesham
- Barney a Shihtzu from Penrith
- Ace a Labrador Crossbreed from Buckinghamshire
- Paddy a Labrador Cross from Welwyn Garden City
- Floydy Boy a Greyhound Warwickshire
- Evie a Whippet from Hereford
- Arthur a Bedlington Terrior from East Grinstead
- Sir Roger Clark a Long-Haired Miniature Dachshund from London
- Tess a Border Collie from North Yorkshire
- Ted a Cockapoo from Cheshire
- Oscar a Cross Breed from Holywood
- Rocky an English Bulldog from Sutton Coldfield
- Izzy a Beagle from Edinburgh
- Bruce a Heinz 57 from Malvern
- Dougie a Pug from London
- Matilda a Chinese Street dog from Edinburgh
- Rock a Rough Lurcher from South Devon
- Charlie a Cross Breed from Leeds
- Noel a Hungarian Vizsla from Liverpool
- Alfie a Staffordshire Bull Terrier from Worcester
- Hudson a Boxer from Bournemouth
- Daisy a Dalmation from Stratford upon Avon
- Lexie Gibson a Minature Jack Russell from Grimsby
- TinTin, a Parson Russell Cross dog from Bidford on Avon
- Willow a Boxer who’s owners is part of the British Forces
- Poppy a Greyhound from Somerset
- Pip a King Charles Cavalier from Peterborough
- Fern a English Working Cocker Spaniel from Devizes
- Peppa a Pug from Southend of Sea
- Jess a Cocker Spaniel from Shrewsbury
Notes to editors
Established over 35 years ago, Petplan is the UK's number one pet insurance provider in the world, offering comprehensive lifetime pet insurance cover for dogs, cats and rabbits. Petplan, is part of Allianz Insurance, one of the largest general insurers in the UK.