9th July 2008
Petplan Cat Stakes winners announced at Lincolnshire Cat Club
Petplan is delighted to announce the winners of the first Cat Stakes qualifiers at Lincolnshire Cat Club, Lincolnshire Exhibition Centre on Saturday, 12th July.
Following a rigorous judging process, the winners from the show are as follows:
- Pedigree Persian: Miss J M Stewart with CH Lazane on Cloud Nine
- Pedigree Semi Longhair: Miss G Nevin with CH Adsetlo Dessert Orchid
- Pedigree British: Miss S L Walker with Amazolou Mister Fantastic
- Pedigree Foreign: Mrs Higgins and Miss Kennedy with CH Starrsailor Ra Harakhet
- Pedigree Burmese: Mrs M E Moore with CH Anokhi Boy George
- Pedigree Oriental: Mr and Mrs Yates with Sensay Speciality
- Pedigree Siamese/Balinese: Mrs E Brock with Karamushi Tuti Fruity
- Household Pets: Ms V A Swingler with Autumn
The Petplan Cat Stakes is a new cat class for Cat Fancy Juniors, aged 9 months to 2 years. There will be five more shows across the UK which are open to all cats including Champions (excluding Grand Champions, Imperials and Neuters) with the next event taking place at Thornbury Leisure Centre, Alveston Hill, West of England & South Wales.
The pedigree cat with the most points at the end of 2008 will be crowned Petplan Pedigree Junior Cat 2008 and the household pet class winner will be awarded title of Petplan Household Junior Cat 2008. Both winners will receive £500.
Entry of details can be found in show schedules or through the secretary of the relevant show. To contact Petplan with any queries, please email email@example.com
Cat Stakes details
Cat Stakes will attend the following shows in 2008:
|Lincolnshire Cat Club||12 July|
|West of England Cat Club||23 August|
|North West Cat Club||27 September|
|South West Cat Club||27 September|
|Kentish Cat Club||18 October|
|Yorkshire Cat Club||25 October|
In the event of a tie at a competition, the cat with the most firsts will win. In the unlikely event of a tie of firsts, there will be a joint winner.
Cats can only enter one of the classes at each show.
Notes to editors
Petplan is the largest pet insurance provider in the world, offering comprehensive lifetime pet insurance cover for dogs, cats and rabbits.
Established more than 30 years ago, it is part of Allianz Insurance, one of the largest general insurers in the UK.
For more information about Petplan cat insurance, please visit:
For more information about Petplan dog insurance, please visit: