16th March 2012
Finalists Announced for the 2012 Petplan Veterinary Awards
Petplan, the UK's largest pet insurer, is pleased to announce the finalists for the prestigious 2012 Petplan Veterinary Awards, also known as the 'Vet Oscars'. Now in its 13th year, the Petplan Veterinary Awards received its biggest response yet with over 3,000 nominations submitted for exceptional veterinary staff across the UK.
The finalists for each of the categories are:
Vet of the Year
- Zaila Dunbar, Queens Park Veterinary Practice - London
- Tony Barnes, Manor Veterinary Clinic - Folkestone
- Mark Taylor, Feldon Veterinary Centre - Bedworth
Vet Nurse of the Year
- Lucy Kells, The Wildlife Aid Foundation – Leatherhead
- Rachael Harris, Elms Veterinary Surgery – Monmouth
- Sarah Algar, Brentknoll Veterinary Centre Ltd - Worcester
Support Staff of the Year
- Sarah Bowler, Holly House Veterinary Surgery – Knutsford
- Jane Wyatt, George Hunt and Son – Poynton
- Cathy Campbell, Haygate Veterinary Centre – Telford
Vet Practice of the Year
- Eastcott Veterinary Clinic and Hospital – Swindon
- Prince Bishop Veterinary Hospital – County Durham
- Broadleys Veterinary Hospital – Stirling
Isabella von Mesterhazy, Petplan's Head of Marketing, said: "The Vet of the Year Awards are the highlight of our Petplan calendar because they recognise the dedication that the veterinary industry puts into providing the nation's pets with the best possible treatment. Each year the nominations reach an even higher standard and we're delighted with this year's finalists. At Petplan we work with more veterinary professionals than any other insurance provider and it is through these awards that we thank the profession on behalf of UK pet owners."
All finalists will be invited to the elegant awards ceremony that will take place on 12th April at the Birmingham Town Hall, where the winners will be announced.
For further information visit www.petplan.co.uk/vetawards/
Notes to editors
Petplan is the largest pet insurance provider in the world, offering comprehensive lifetime pet insurance cover for dogs, cats and rabbits.
Established more than 30 years ago, it is part of Allianz Insurance, one of the largest general insurers in the UK.
For more information about Petplan cat insurance, please visit:
For more information about Petplan dog insurance, please visit: