The Petplan Accessibility Policy
Our commitment to accessibility:
Petplan is committed to providing access to our websites for as many visitors as possible. We will be continuing to review and improve our websites for accessibility to ensure we make them clear and effective.
SignVideo Interpreting Service
What is this?
SignVideo gives our Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) customers easy access to an online interpreter allowing them to communicate with us using BSL. The service allows Deaf BSL customers to sign to an interpreter and the interpreter speaks to an adviser. It’s simple, fast and secure.
Just one way in which we make sure our insurance is accessible to everyone.
How do I use it?
If this is your first time, you’ll need to download a one-off Live plug-in. This enables good video quality and ensures that your calls are secure. You will get instructions when you connect to the web access page.
After that, you simply need to accept the terms and conditions.
How can I get it?
The SignVideo service is available from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
PC or Mac: you'll need a webcam, a broadband connection and one of the following browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 (or above), Chrome (PC only) or Safari.
You’ll need an internet bandwidth of at least 256kbp/s upload and download (although we recommend 384kbp/s for best quality).
For any help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 463 1120.
How to increase the size of text in your browser:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above - Go to the View menu and select Text Size. You can also go to Tools, then Internet Options, then Accessibility or use the keyboard shortcut of control and + or - to increase or decrease text size. Internet Explorer 7 and below are no longer fully supported, therefore you may not have the same experience as you would do using a current browser.
- Firefox - Go to the View menu and select Text Size and then Increase Font, or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Control and +.
- Opera - Go to the View menu, select Preferences then Fonts and then change Minimum Font Size.
- Safari – Go to the View menu and select Make Text Bigger, or press the Apple key and then the plus key.
- Chrome – Go to the Customize menu and use the Zoom options, or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Control and +.
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any areas of the site you find difficult to use, please get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com.