Petplan Charitable Trust
Petplan founders, Patsy Bloom and David Simpson, who were pet owners themselves, set up the Petplan Charitable Trust (Registered Charity No. 1032907) in 1994. The Trust aims to promote the health and welfare of the nation’s animals, and awards funding to a host of well deserved causes both in the UK and abroad. This includes everything from research into new life-saving treatments for animals, to donations for animal rehoming charities which help them to continue giving pets new starts in life all over the UK.
Helping pets less fortunate than your own
So far, over £8million has been donated by Petplan policyholders, and we continue to ask each and every customer to give just £2.00 each year to continue supporting animal welfare organisations.
Here’s just a few examples of the fantastic causes that the Petplan Charitable Trust has supported:
- A community vet nurse – visiting those unable to bring their animals into a Blue Cross centre for treatment
- Pets as Therapy – a charity who take friendly dogs and cats to visit hospices, hospitals, special needs schools, care homes and a variety of other venues
- Greyhound Rescue – a charity dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of abused greyhounds and lurchers
- Rain Rescue – a local charity based in Sheffield which helps pets in crisis situations, particularly dogs at risk of being needlessly destroyed in stray and lost kennels
- A variety of clinical research studies in areas crucial to improving treatment for pets – areas focused on include cancer in cats and dogs, hypertension and kidney problems in cats, arthritis in dogs and colic in horses
If you’re thinking about arranging your pet insurance with Petplan, make sure you tick the box to donate – with pet insurance from Petplan, you really can help animals less fortunate than your own.
For more information, visit www.petplantrust.org.
Why not find out more about ...
Discover exactly why we are the UK's favourite pet insurance provider.
See how we work with the veterinary industry for the benefit of our customers.